Drakensang Online Has Big Plans for End GamePublished on: 1 June, 2012
Game designers have it rough. They spend months tweaking and pinching and prodding a game’s leveling system into shape so that players will have a challenge without facing an insurmountably difficult game, but most players spend only a fraction of their game time leveling. The end game is a whole different challenge for designers. They want to keep things interesting for high-level players while still making the game friendly for new arrivals. Drakensang Online’s developers are making a big push to enhance the game for those who’ve reached the level cap, and the new stuff is coming soon.
A new “Parallel Worlds” mode will give level 40 players a new set of challenges. Completing new quests from the world-wandering NPC Ammon will unlock these new raids. Older dungeons are getting repurposed into fresh new content. Expect to face some dangerous foes in the Crypts of Kingshill and Hagastove Grotto, because these instances won’t be for the unprepared.
Developers haven’t released an exact date for the roll-out of Parallel Worlds, but it should be fairly soon.
Latest news on BrowserGames.ca:
- New Quest and ‘Pacification’ Feature in Darkswords’ Latest Update
- Iron Grip: Marauders Will Get a Companion Game
- Zoomumba’s Rabbit Appreciation Day Forum Contest Announced
- The West 2.0 Enters Beta
- Farmerama Celebrates Turkish Sugar Festival
- Two Server Restarts Coming Up for Khanwars
- Share the Facebook Love with Seafight, Win a Large Legba Amulet (Maybe)
- Urban Rivals Welcomes Back a Past Legend: Gail Ld
- New Units Coming to Supremacy 1914
- New Shogun’s Fate Game Begins Today