The West 2.0 Enters BetaPublished on: 16 August, 2012
The long-awaited update to The West is almost ready for its close-up in public beta testing, and devs expect to release the beta of The West 2.0 later this week on the test server and a new server created for further testing. World 2, Amchitka, will have the beta version first; after that, a new World 3 will open up for additional testing. World 1, Alamogordo, won’t get the new version until next week because it’ll take some time to migrate towns and other information.
Some of the features you can expect to see include a new map, greatly improved graphics and a much more streamlined tutorial for new players. The new job system will reward activity and keep the game more exciting for all would-be cowboys looking to earn some scrip. Pick up new daily quests from the Saloon or seek Silver and Gold jobs on the open map; they’ll appear randomly, and as you might expect, they have a bigger pay-off.
Of course, the best way to explore the game’s new features is to play, so get along, little dogie, and try the latest version of The West!
Latest news on BrowserGames.ca:
- New Quest and ‘Pacification’ Feature in Darkswords’ Latest Update
- Iron Grip: Marauders Will Get a Companion Game
- Zoomumba’s Rabbit Appreciation Day Forum Contest Announced
- The West 2.0 Enters Beta
- Farmerama Celebrates Turkish Sugar Festival
- Two Server Restarts Coming Up for Khanwars
- Share the Facebook Love with Seafight, Win a Large Legba Amulet (Maybe)
- Urban Rivals Welcomes Back a Past Legend: Gail Ld
- New Units Coming to Supremacy 1914
- New Shogun’s Fate Game Begins Today